Introduction to Versant Object Database Management Systems
You will learn:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Install Versant
- Setup and manage a VERSANT database
- Perform on-going maintenance for a production database
- Use the VERSANT tools
- Backup and restore VERSANT databases
- Monitor and configure OS resources
- Monitor and Tune Performance
This course is aimed at delegates who will be responsible for managing Versant installations and databases.
It covers all aspects of planning, installing, configuring and managing Versant databases. It also covers all aspects of database administration including: managing database objects such as tables, indexes, applications etc.; data integrity; security; backup and recovery; .
The course employs lectures, demonstrations and practicals to reinforce the course contents.
Who Should Attend
This course is for Database and System Administrators who are responsible for the maintenance of Versant databases.
- Company and Products Overview
- Balanced Client/Server Model
- Versant Object Model
- Versant Administration and Utilities
- Product Installation
- Administration Roles, Tools, and Basics
- Tools and Utilities
- Schema Management
- Backup and Restore
- Including Roll Forward Archiving
- Versant Management and Monitoring Tools
- Command line and VMC
- Database Processes
- Object back end (obe) and cleanbe
- Connection Service
- DB Server Resource Management
- Managing Shared Memory, File Handles, etc.
- Platform Specific Information (Windows, Solaris, Linux)
- Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Disk Distribution
- Efficient Use of Server and Client cache
- Using Statistics Collecting
- Other Performance Tuning Topics
- Database Trouble Shooting