Managing Matrix Installations and DatabaseCode: MTXDBM
You will learn:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe Matrix architecture and its major components
- Install Matrix
- Configure and monitor a Matrix instance
- Create, destroy, maintain and manage Matrix databases and database objects
- Understand query execution
- Perform database maintenance activities
This course is aimed at delegates who will be responsible for managing Matrix instances and databases under Linux.
It covers all aspects of planning, installing, configuring, managing and maintaining Matrix instances and its databases. It also covers all aspects of database administration including: managing database objects such as tables, user defined functions etc.; data integrity; security; backup and recovery; catalog tables; query execution; and database table design.
The course employs lectures, demonstrations and practicals to reinforce the course contents. The course does use examples for the Linux operating system throughout the course material.
Who Should Attend
- A good knowledge of SQL
- Matrix concepts and architecture
- Hardware requirements
- Planning a Matrix installation
- Installing on Linux
- Instance configuration
- Support, patches and updates
- Instance architecture
- Table design
- Loading and unloading data
- Database Backup
- Database Recovery
- System Maintenance
- Navigating system catalog tables
- Query lifecycle
Attendance at the MatrixSQL training, or equivalent experience and skill.