Managing Matrix Installations and Databases
Version: 4.0.3 and 5.0
You will learn:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe Matrix architecture and its major components
- Install Matrix
- Configure and monitor a Matrix instance
- Create, destroy, maintain and manage Matrix databases and database objects
- Understand query execution
- Perform database maintenance activities
This course is aimed at delegates who will be responsible for managing Matrix instances and databases under Linux.
It covers all aspects of planning, installing, configuring, managing and maintaining Matrix instances and its databases. It also covers all aspects of database administration including: managing database objects such as tables; user defined functions; data integrity; security; backup and recovery; catalog tables; query execution and database table design.
The course employs lectures, demonstrations and practicals to reinforce the course contents. The course does use examples for the Linux operating system throughout the course material.
Who Should Attend
This course is for Database and System Administrators who are responsible for the maintenance of Matrix databases.
A good knowledge of SQL
- Matrix concepts and architecture
- Hardware requirements
- Planning a Matrix installation
- Installing on Linux
- Instance configuration
- Support, patches and updates
- Instance architecture
- Table design
- Loading and unloading data
- Database backup
- Database recovery
- Systems Maintenance
- Navigating system catalog tables
- Query lifecycle