Vectorwise Backup and Maintenance; E-Learning Course
Version: Vectorwise V2.5
You will learn:
After attending this Instructor-Led Online training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the vital tasks that need to be performed to ensure the efficient running of the Vectorwise instance
- Backup and restore your Vectorwise database
- Understand how to configure your Vectorwise instance
- Monitor your Vectorwise instance
This "e-learning" ILO training course is aimed at delegates who will be responsible for managing a Vectorwise database and installation. It offers an interactive environment for students to gain expertise via the web.
The ILO course employs lectures, demonstrations and hands-on labs to reinforce the course contents. The course focuses on the 64 bit Linux operating system.
Who Should Attend
This course is for Database and System Administrators who are responsible for the maintenance of Vectorwise databases.
IngresSQL training, or equivalent experience and skill. Experience of database management is useful but not essential.
To gain an overview of Vectorwise and to learn how to install the product, we recommend the e-learning courses:
This e-learning course is delivered via the web to the student's PC. The student will require an audio connection to hear the instructor and a web browser to see the course delivery. Prior to the course, a list of PC technical prerequisites for will be issued.
- Backup and Restore of Vectorwise databases
- The DBMS Server and the Vectorwise servers
- Configuring and monitoring Vectorwise
Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This e-learning course provides an overview of the skills required to become a Vectorwise Database Administrator.
To gain more detailed instruction about how to manage an Ingres installation, we recommend either: