Introduction to the Ingres Product and Ingres SQL
Ingres Version: 9.2 and 10.0
You will learn:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles and importance of Relational Databases
- Explore each of the principal Ingres database and development tools
- Understand the principles and importance of industrial-strength SQL
- Make full use of all the retrieval features of Ingres SQL
- Make full use of all the data-change features of Ingres SQL
- Make full use of all the database-management features of Ingres SQL
- Make full use of Ingres Database Procedures, Rules, Events, Integrity features
This course provides you with all the knowledge and skill you need to:
- use Ingres SQL in your batch interfaces, reporting, ad-hoc querying, applications
- undertake the Ingres Application Development and Database Management courses
- understand and assess the role of Ingres in your organisation.
It has 3 sections: day 1 focuses on Ingres principles and hands-on experience of all the Ingres database and development tools; days 2-4 cover all the essential aspects of Ingres SQL; day 5 covers Database procedures, rules, events, and integrity features.
The course is a mixture of lecture and demonstrations with hands on practical exercises for all key topics.
Who Should Attend
This course is an essential prerequisite for anyone undertaking other Ingres training: IngresDBM, OpenROAD, IngresABF, ReportWriter, Performance. Others who will benefit from attendance on this course are:
- Managers or IT staff who need to understand or assess the Ingres principles, tools and capabilities (for those who only need this, attendance on Day 1 is sufficient).
- IT or other staff who need to use Ingres SQL to retrieve or change their database data.
- Database or development staff who need to work with Ingres database procedures, rules, events, integrities.
No knowledge of Ingres or SQL is assumed.
Day 1: Ingres Overview
- Introduction to Ingres
- Relational Concepts and Ingres
- Ingres Basic Tools: ISQL, Tables, QBF, ReportWriter
- Ingres Visual Tools: VSQL, IVM, VDBA, IMP
- Ingres Development Tools: OpenROAD, ABF/Vision
Day 2-4: Ingres SQL
- Controlling output
- Restricting rows
- Combining Tables
- Views, unions and outer joins
- Building tables
- Inserts, Updates and Deletes
- Importing and exporting data from Ingres
- Transaction processing
Day 5: Ingres Server SQL
- Database procedures
- Database Events
|2014-07-28||Hamburg||Germany (English materials with German instructor)|
|2014-11-03||Hamburg||Germany (English materials with German instructor)|